All students, regardless of age/grade:
- Talk to your immediate family members.
- Write down your family members:
- Name – First, Middle, and Last
- Birthday – DD MM YYYY
- Birthplace – City, State, Country
- Relationship to you – mother, father, brother, etc.
PBS has a great learning activity for younger students that includes a short video of Daniel the Tiger, along with worksheets that guide both educators and students through the process of building a family tree.
EDSITEment provides a lesson that takes building a family tree a step farther by teaching students how to research their heritage via their ancestral homeland.